Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hitchcock in Santa Cruz

Legendary film director Alfred Hitchcock kept a weekend home in Scotts Valley, not too far from where I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains. This area played a large role in Hitch's life and work, with the inspiration for the Psycho house coming from a house near Santa Cruz Boardwalk, and a story in the Santa Cruz Sentinel adding to the screenplay for The Birds.

A couple of years ago I made vlog about this, and showed the "real Psycho house", etc., but was unable to definitely locate the Scotts Valley house. Turned out, I had the right driveway, but there were three locked gates between me and my goal.

The estate has now re-opened as a fantastic winery, Heart O' the Mountain, and I've been there twice recently, and had the please of meeting Hitchcock's granddaughter and great-granddaughter at a tasting.

The first video below is a slide show tour of the winery and estate, and the second video is my original "Hitchcock's Santa Cruz" video from June 2007.


Find more videos like this on VloggerHeads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed