Friday, May 22, 2020

My Best Friend (Courtship Of Eddie's Father Theme)

A TV theme song? Well, yes. But it's much more than that. In 1968, when John Lennon was asked what American artists he was listening to, Beatle John replied, "Harry Nilsson." The other day I maligned Harry's over-blown cover (IMHO) of Badfinger's Without You, but this simple little song shows why I agree with John's admiration of Nilsson. It perfectly and memorably captures the playfulness, love, and range of emotion of the series in barely a minute. This song is also probably the first time I was a fan of a Harry Nilsson song, as I loved the show when it aired, and sang along with it each week. #quarantinehootenanny #63 of ??? is My Best Friend (Nilsson), aka The Courtship Of Eddie's Father Theme Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed