Sunday, April 5, 2020

License to Kill

Finally getting to Bob Dylan near the end of three weeks of #quarantinehootenanny with License to Kill (#19 of ???).

The Infidels album (co-produced by Mark Knopfler) came out in 1983, when I was in my early twenties and, after Dylan's born-again Christian trilogy, it represented his return to secular rock music that was relevant to my life at the time, and it became a favorite.

In the decades since, I've returned time and again to these songs - Jokerman, Neighborhood Bully, Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight, and of course License to Kill - and found them still relevant. Along with Blood on the Tracks (of course), this is probably still my favorite Dylan album.

There's also a great version of License to Kill by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers from the Dylan 30th Anniversary all-star concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed